View Single Post
Old 03-13-19, 08:22 AM   #22
brian4s
Swabbie

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
At the moment, the side cutaway is something you must use, its a core mechanic used for issuing orders for the crew. You can use first person instead, But that can take longer to get things done and you must run around the part of the boat needed to find the right post or equipment.

People Use the term 'Arcade' very loosely around here, but I can tell you that having played it, the game is certainly not 'arcade' but nor is it a sim in the traditional sense. its in a grey area, its very intricate and rather complicated to control the boat about 50% UI and 50% crew management (cut away) or by assuming a crew member in First person, right now i'd say the learning curb is as about steep as Silent Hunter overall, though its not the same aspects of control that are tricky to master. In terms of overall control of the boat, *navigation, depth keeping etc) Silent hunter is actually the more simplified of the two.

Your average casual gamer would probably not have the stamina for Uboat, the game is very tough currently. in the Beta, people have struggled to stay a live for one patrol.
Sounds and looks like B-17 the Mighty 8th the way the crew management and cutaways work. I'll be checking this game out Friday, thanks!
brian4s is offline   Reply With Quote