View Single Post
Old 11-24-16, 09:34 PM   #348
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
At moment unit type is one for all times... how can i change unit type during war?
The only way I know, is by setting each "reincarnation" of the ship as a separate unit, each wit a different UnitType set in its respective sea\xxx\xxx.cfg and roster\british\sea\xxx.cfg files.
Anyway, all of them can point to the same 3DModelFileName (no need to clone the main model three times). Model's paint schemes and outfits can be customized through individual roster cfg files and eqp files, the way you already know, but separately for each ship version.
You can make the three versions not to overlap temporally by setting Appearance/DisappearanceDate(s) appropriately in each roster cfg file.

Quote:
Flag idea is really interesting, must try it!
Check first if changing UnitType is enough for switching to the white ensign, though I am afraid the merchant/navy ensign usage is rather dictated by the naming of the flag node (cfg#FLG=war flag, large, cfg#FLS=war flag, small, cfg#FLGC=civil flag). If that is the case, you will need to clone the two flags in a library file, placing/customizing them manually the way you would do with a regular equipment. Not too much work though, as the ship would only appear in the British roster.

Talking about the flag more appropriate for the AMC version, I am a bit undecided wether the white or the blue ensign defaced with an anchor should be used. The latter was and it is still adopted by the Royal Fleet Auxiliary, but I think it is only flown on vessels manned by a civilian crew (such as replenishment, ammunition, tender, etc. ships, whose name is denoted by the RFA prefix). On the contrary, the Queen of Bermuda, similar to other AMCs of her time, was requisitioned by the RN and commissioned directly within its ranks, as the HMS prefix was denoting, meaning that she would have sailed under the white ensign rather than the blue one.

Quote:
BTW, Voilą the island:

Good, but maybe you should make it a bit wider (from beam to beam) and shorter (from prow to stern), and you should also prolong abaft the deck that the island is raising from (hence reducing the length of the deck immediately below it), as can be seen in the previously mentioned scale model:

Quote:
Hi!
Those for example are tests for different decks colors:

Wood effect is maybe better, but on metal decks in war time i need more work, too "low res" appareance, i think; what do you think?
Yep, I agree, and I also think you should make it a bit darker

Last edited by gap; 11-24-16 at 09:44 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote