View Single Post
Old 02-11-11, 10:35 AM   #5
crackaces
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
Remember that minefields aren't solid walls of mines. There's only a chance that ships will hit a mine on entering a mined area. I've even had friendly ships (accidentally) sail into permanent minefields in the Bight, and not hit any mines for 10-15 minutes. More often than not, however, they do hit something eventually, but even when they do, I find that mine damage in the game is pretty underwhelming. I've had ships hit 3-4 mines and, at worst, lose a couple of knots of speed. The only way I've seen ships be lost to mines is on the strategic map, not in tactical battle.
Now that I have a few hours with the game and this posting I have a better idea. I just pushed a Brit sqaudron into a minefield and then one ship having below the waterline damage [flames comming out] ..my impression before was that a mysterious torp hit [Bullethead please comment] Now I think mines are like 20 cm torps. Thus captial ships are damaged and light ships are doomed. Were your ships light ships or captial ships?
crackaces is offline   Reply With Quote