View Single Post
Old 09-30-11, 06:33 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Parallel installation of addons for FS9 and FSX

I plan to get the wonderful PMDG 737NGX when the patched and complete package gets released on disc. In preparation of that, I took advantage of a -20% shop jubilee offer for FSX Gold and ordered it for 23 Euros, free shipping. Aerosoft currently offers all with prices 20% less.

I do not wish to get into the money-spending frenzy once again and do not plan, currently, to buy plenty of FSX addons. However, I have a fully modded installation of FS9, with several Aerosoft Mega Airprots, the German Airport series, some of these have both FS2004 and FSX versions on disc.

With the FS9-addons already entered in the registry database, can I nevertheless safely install these addons a second time for FSX, parallel to the FS9 installations of the very same addons?

I probably will also get the FSX Environment by Fight 1 sooner or later, having good looking clouds is important to me in a flight sim, but I am not sure what kind of package I should get for mesh improvements. Am I better off with Global X 2010, or with Flight 1's Ultimate Terrain series?

I am prioritizing to turn FSX into a PMDG-737 focussed solid sim, with good frames nevertheless, that'S another reason why I am hesitent to mod it as much as I have done with FS9. I know of Flusifix program. Any more basic tips for a FSX-starter?

Specs:

Intel Core i5-2500 So. 1155, 4 x 3.3 GHz, 6 MB Cache - Asus P8H67 B3 (USB2+USB3) - 8 GB RAM PC1333 - Gainward GTX460 1024 MB PCI-E - Hitachi HD SATA2 1 TB, 7200 rpm, 32 MB - LG DVD - 750 W ATX - Chieftech Midi Tower ATX black, Mesh series

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

CH Fighterstick - CH ProThrottle - Simped Vario Pro - TrackIR 4

FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004 (FS Global 2005, Scenery Germany 1-4, Real Germany 1-3, German Airports 1+2X+3X+4, Scandinavian Airprots 1, Approaching Innsbruck, Mega Airports: London Heathrow, Frankfurt, Paris CDG, Vienna, Zurich, Amsterdam Shiphol, Stockholm Arlanda, Austria Professional 2004, Ground Environment II, Ultimate Terrain Canada/Alaska + USA + Europe, Flight Environment, Traffic 2005, FlightSim Commander 7, AES 2.12, RealAir SF.260 SIAI Marchetti, RealAir Spitfire, Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne, Level-D 767, PMDG 747, iFly 737NG, Flight1 ATR 72-500, Dreamfleet Cessna Cardinal, Patrouille Suisse)