View Single Post
Old 05-21-15, 10:52 AM   #27
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615
FTR, I did know what he was talking about. I've even done it a couple of times myself, so if you need help there too, I can.
Yes, I'd like to see what you can come up with!!

================

pdiddy, that's just about what I'm thinking for the games Recognition Manual.

A smaller version, yet a scaled image of a target ship that has multiple height reference points. Want to use the bow as a height reference point.....the illustrated Fubuki bow is about 25/26 feet high. Set a dial to that figure and use the Stadimeter to get a reading from the bow.

================

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark
My issue is that the mark only appears on the Attack Map, and the drawing tools are only available on the Nav Map.

Here's my procedure that I've used for manual targeting:
Obtain a contact.
Determine target bearing and range, send it to the TDC, and write it down.
Start the stopwatch.
Go to the Nav Map, pause the game, plot target's position on the map.
Unpause the game, wait a few minutes, get a new range and bearing, note it, pause to map it, unpause, wait, repeat the cycle a few times.
Once I've got several fixes plotted, I can start determining his course and speed and begin my attack.

My dream system would automatically plot the position fix with the stopwatch time on the Nav Map whenever I send the bearing/range to the TDC.
You plot your target like I do....on the Nav Map. I never use the Attack Map.

I'll admit, years ago I had the Map Tools on the Attack Map (the menu_1024_768.ini file covers it) yet they didn't do a thing. They filled up the bottom corner of the Attack Map screen, but no mouse capture of the tools. The game engine doesn't recognize the tools there. The developers didn't write the script to make them function on anything other then the Nav Map.

Again, we've got ideas, yet there isn't a way of implementing them.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 05-21-15 at 12:15 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote