View Single Post
Old 05-25-19, 04:19 AM   #10028
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

There will be no better deal, and I did not expect any deal of May at all. That has been my argument from beginning on: the EU does not want a deal with the UK that leaves the Brexit meaningful, and thus Britons must understand that Brexit from beginning on meant "hard Brexit, no deal". Its this hard Brexit - or no Brexit worth the name. Another choice Britian never has had. The EU is about executing a precedence and about intimidating any other nation considering to leave. It is not in the EU's interets to deliver a functional Brexit that leaves Britain not in agony. The EU wants a precedence exmaple that leaving the EU only means misery for him who leaves. That the UK leaves - and in the medioum or liong run shows up successfully mastering the consequences - that is a worst case scenario from the EU's POV.

My criticsm of May founds on that she assisted the EU in acchieving legally binding status for what until then was just the EU's intention. May should never have signed that treaty with the EU. Of course she also should not have told lies about how cherrypickingly it all will be, but she was not the first telling lies about this whole thing. She provided the EU the legally binding alibi that the EU now can use to always leave any change and adaptation and concessions to Britian - while the eU does not need to give anything by itself. This signature - this is May'S big failure - I say treason - that should get Britons infuriated. And I claim that messing up Brexit and turn it into somethign meaningless was her goal from first day on. It also explains why she is so stubborn, and why she sees herself as a victim, a martyr crucified by an unthankful nation. In her eyes, i think, her sabotage of brexit is a service to her country. Mind you - May was against Brexit before the referendum, and voted no.

If you see it this way, May's behaviour and policy suddenly makes an awful lot of sense.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-25-19 at 05:27 AM.