View Single Post
Old 04-27-12, 07:37 PM   #7
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

You could cheat and use BLOCKQUOTE inside a <P> under <HEAD> with margins and BODY once you get your text edited... and <br>'s at the end of every line and paragraph if you want simple html.

I just did one by hand in Notepad in about 4 minutes.
- or just paste the text into Word or a html email.

Some of these text editors like NoteTab make simple html docs too.

WYSIWYG ..... lol :)

Happy Hunting!

----------------------------------
Edit - I just now selected this #7 message individually and viewed the source code with my browser. Down at the bottom is my (this) message with <br /> tags inserted at the end of every line, paragraph, and space breaks between the sections right where you need them. Copy that message block inside the bottom <DIV> </DIV> tags and paste it into Notepad, do a search and replace to change the <br />'s into <br>'s, and most of the work is done! Then wrap that inside <P> <BLOCKQUOTE> under <BODY> and <HEAD> with % margins, and close it in reverse order: </P> </BLOCKQUOTE> </BODY> </HTML> and you have a usable formatted html doc in less time than it took to edit this message.

Of course you would paste your formatted text patrol report into a forum post and use that - not MY message but you get the idea - I hope.
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

Last edited by aanker; 04-28-12 at 11:20 AM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote