View Single Post
Old 10-18-14, 03:47 AM   #6
Gibus
Ensign

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

Bonjour,

I had a little trouble understanding you because of my poor English.
That said, I see that on subsim all members are gentlemen then there is no need to get angry. First ask yourself if your question was well put.

To answer your original question, when you lock a target, the depth of the torpedo automatically adjusts one meter above the keel, and TriggerMaru does not change that.
But ... since there is a but, if you play with "duds torpedoes" activated, depending on the date of your patrol (usually until June 1943) you will have a high percentage of failures, up to 70 or 90 %.

There are several drawbacks:
  • explosion trajectory
  • depth of random transit
  • no explosion on impact
  • default gyroscopic
If you read French, explanations here: http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/i...dpost&p=290702

Apart from this, in theory, the wave amplitude can have a significant impact on the depth of transit of the torpedo. However, I am not convinced that anyone can speak with certainty and precision.
Theory is one thing, how is it modeled in the game is another.

Some argue that the torpedoes fired 1 meter under the keel with the magnetic detonator are more effective. I play SH4 since 2007 and I could not verify this doctrine with certainty. Almost all ships (except Yamato) have a weak point. It seems more reliable target this point.

I hope I have answered as best as possible, unless your question has another meaning.

Regards.
Gibus

"Pacific is a big ocean. You don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
Dick O'Kane

Last edited by Gibus; 10-18-14 at 06:38 AM.
Gibus is offline   Reply With Quote