Old 05-05-15, 08:46 AM   #15
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnarr View Post
That was fun to read
Thank you. Some people think a straight log is boring. I've always liked reading them. Of course I like the story versions too.

Quote:
So you write everything down yourself on paper??
Yep. It's the only way I can remember the details.

Quote:
Also, for stopping merchants and searching, is this sort of a role playing thing or a mod? (I don't have the slightest idea how one could code a way to have a ship stop to be searched. I know that is what you are realistically supposed to do though).
Strictly role-playing. If I want to give them time to abandon ship I'll just parallel his course for 15-20 minutes, then go ahead and sink him. Of course there's no way to simulate scuttling charges. It has to be torpedo or gun.

Before we had working gates on the canal locks I used to stop in the lock for five minutes or so, just to simulate having to wait. Stupid, I know, but I've been playing sub sims so long that just going and sinking stuff got boring a long time ago.

Quote:
Also another question, is one of your mods showing when people are evacuating ship? Or something just write in patrol logs for immersion (I like to imagine them evacuating too) I swear they evacuated in one of these games as a kid... maybe it was SH4?
Not that I recall. For me it's just all in my head.