Old 03-31-17, 04:20 AM   #5274
Leoz
Ensign

Downloads: 253
Uploads: 0

New career.
1 Oct 1939 out of Kiel.
VIIB boat.

First patrol area a few patrol boxes south east of Scapa Flow. After that, working my way down to be east off of the south British coast.

One night. Spotted a Netherlands small coastal ship running north west on the surface. About 900 tons. It was not lit at night and was moving in the direction of a British port. So I sank it with gunfire. Marked as neutral in the game but a justified sinking.

Sank about a half dozen small merchant ships in this area with gunfire, torpedo or both.

Then, two 4000-5000 toners. One running south. One running north. Both within visual distance of each other on a smooth sea. Sank both with a few rounds of gunfire at very close range into the engine-room and lower hull.

Currently at 19,000 tons with a lot of torpedoes left on board.

Basic tracking technique for this patrol is on first sighting, get a rough range, bearing and angle on the bow and put it on the F5 plotting board. And, setup my attack based on those assumptions.

Normally I don't like working in shallow water. But, it is very early war. So, we will see. Get this patrol done and hopefully not see shallow water again. Now mid November.

"Auf gefechtsstationen!"

NYGM
Leoz is offline   Reply With Quote