View Single Post
Old 01-31-17, 11:03 AM   #2299
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229
Uploads: 0

I'll just chime in and say that I'm a huge fan of the RFB/RSRD combination. Wouldn't bother playing the game without those two and in fact, I manually install them directly into the game instead of using the mod switcher. Any additional "optional" mods, then yeah, I use the switcher.

Anyway, my point is that I don't care if shipping routes, convoys, and formations are generated as they were historically. I actually prefer it that way. In addition, there are still going to be randomly generated merchants that you may or may not encounter.

Thing is, there is more than enough ocean and enough shipping on that ocean to keep things interesting even if you play the campaign multiple times. Though the background historical flowchart may be the same, I've never had the same experiences twice, at least in the campaigns that I was able to survive long enough for that to matter.

For this game, I care more about dealing with the situation within the boat's immediate sphere of influence as they are encountered (as well as the boat and crew themselves), than whether the big picture of the war itself is dynamic and changing to keep things interesting.

From day one, the way I read how RSRD works is exactly how it works, and I'm fine with that. Didn't see anything misleading about it at all, frankly, but that's just me...
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote