View Single Post
Old 05-27-10, 08:16 PM   #356
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 111
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Steelviking's ClimateZones.tga file is meant as a fix for the one that's included in Environmental MOD 2.1. The version that ships with the mod (shown on the left side in the picture below) has a lot of very smooth gradients around the coast lines. This was to indicate a change in the water around the shore. Unfortunately the way this image works is that it reads the color value of the area the u-boat is in and matches it with the config file. If the zone's color in the TGA file is a color that's not in the config, as it is with the gradients, you can Crash To Desktop.

SteekViking's version of the image keeps the intent of different climate zones near the shores, but does so using only the colors referenced in the config files (the picture on the right side of the image below). This should avoid Crash To Desktops.

What should probably happen is W_Clear use Steelviking's image in his mod to save him the trouble of making those changes himself. I really don't think Steelviking was trying to steal or mod or release it as himself. He was just saving W_Clear the effort (and it was a lot! I tried to do this myself and gave up heh) of having to fix the image.
Thanks。I see,
W_clear is offline   Reply With Quote