View Single Post
Old 05-13-12, 01:37 PM   #2118
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Spok View Post
Hey, no offence to lurker of so, it's just a question I'm currently reading Rosco T. "US submarine warfare in WW2" (or something like that, because I read it in russian translation), and I want to add more immersion to the game by going through as many major battles as I can

P.S. Nope, I doubt it was THE task force that kicked ABDA's butt, it only had one LC and few DD's
Mr._Spok:
Please read my post of a couple of pages back: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2094

This was the Battle of Tassaforanga, and as noted, I sort of stumbled into it. Last campaign I tried to find the Battle of Coral Sea, and utterly failed. I had the times/positions of all participant units, and I was pretty close to having my sub in the right positions for the Battle. Still - nothing! As also noted, for the Battle of Midway, I saw lots of planes zooming around and many crashing into the sea, but never saw any naval units.

Lurker may have indeed inserted some randomness into the times/positions, so getting into a battle may be a bit of a challenge. When you do manage to join a battle - WHAT A RUSH!! The Bridge View and Free Camera views are AWESOME! If you manage to get into battle, try to pick off stragglers or 'wounded' IJN units. The way the AI seems to work, if you attract the attention of 6 Battle Line DDs, they may forget about the battle AND GO AFTER YOU!

Good Hunting