View Single Post
Old 04-10-24, 05:36 PM   #362
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

VRIDER has been released in Applab (=Early Access), and I must say its off with a very impressive start. So far around half a dozen tracks, all but one I do know from car racing. Its still in development, but I did not come over any serious issues.

Visually, the perspective of VR on a motorbike is a feast. The track layouts are correct, but the environment on the tracks' sidelines is less detailed and realistic than what I am used to from car racers.

Physics seem to be very good, but I never rode a motorbike. You can/must lean behind the windshield to help top speed, or erect your upper body to help braking, the handling with VR sticks is well done. This really feels immersive and makes you believe to ride a real motorbike. But it needs practice, handling is VERY different to that in cars. It ill take much time to become competitive in mastering the tracks smoothly.

A racing title was so far missing in my Quest library, the futuristic one I had so far became stale very soon. This one will last and will deliver a much better show for the money. If interested in the genre: definitely recommended! So far I know of no better racing title for Quest 2/3.

The video shows three tracks.