View Single Post
Old 02-26-09, 11:38 AM   #3
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
This is what I sent in the PM, if you highlight the parts you don't understand maybe I or someone else can help.

To add a visibleunderwater controller. Open S3D and open the .sim file (that is where I usually put them)

1. In the submarine.sim file just select a node, any node so it will put it next in line.

am i supposed to pick something thats there and says stuff or am i supposed to find an empty one?

2. Right click and in the dropdown menu select Append New Chunk then Controller (10) and then Controller (10/-1)

ok, but how would you decide which one i needed if i was doing something else? is there something like a definitions for use section somewhere?

3. An <empty> node will appear (if you do this in a .dat file inside another node it usually drops down to the bottom of the list, but will come back up when you link it to the object)

ok

4 With <empty> selected, right click and choose Append New Chunk then Properties then SH4 then SHControllers then scroll to the bottom of the list and find VisibleUnderwater and click on it.

i never got this far but this i understand ok

5. !! VisibleUnderwater node will appear. ok

6 On the right hand window it will say "Under=false". Click on that and at the bottom of the screen will be a checkbox for "Value", put a check in the box and then it will be "Under=true"

ok, sounds good. but in this case dont i want it "false" so its not visable underwater?

7. Select <empty> and copy the ID (not parent ID)

ok

8. Select !!VisibleUnderwater node and paste the number into "Parent ID". The node should "tuck in under the <empty> node.

errm, ok??? i guess i cant do this part wrong but do you mean it will become a secondary link or child node?

9 Go up to the top right and click on .dat and the subs .dat file will open.

ok, i understand but here i get lost because the subs dat files dont contain anything for the uzo. the only dat file i can find for the uzo is in the data/ library/ GerSubParts folder in the Senzori_UBoot dat file so should i just manually open that file with s3d in another window?

10. Find the node of the object you want to be invisible. Usually it is a "node-cfg#xxx" Select that node and copy the ID (not parent ID)

ok

11. Go back to the .sim file and click on <empty> and paste the number into "Parent ID"

this is the "empty" i just created correct?

12. Now with <empty> selected go to the right to the "Name" box and type a V, from the list that drops down select visibleunderwater.

ok so all it needs is the first letter to show you a list of the titles? can i make one up or does it need to be from the list to be recognized by the game?

13 So now <Empty> should say "node-VisibleUnderwater" The other node should be indented under it and the "!!" should be gone. And it should be linked to the object in the dat file that you want invisible underwater.

ok

Peabody

now in step 1 you say to use the subs sim file, but what if i want to make this change to all subs in the game? is there a way to do that or must i do each one seperately?

this explains it much better than your PM and i can understand where i was getting confused at.

thanks, webster

Last edited by Webster; 02-26-09 at 03:16 PM.