View Single Post
Old 10-09-17, 05:21 PM   #1377
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
I found what I posted on page 91 of this thread about half way down. The posters were Fubar2Niner and rudewarrior. The consensus was to not use it but, I'm thinking it was in conjunction with MFM 3.3, which I have not tried yet. I did use it with MFM 3.2 & GWX but, it was so long ago I do not remember exactly what effect it had. I think it improved the lagging ship and the tramp steamer sinking itself but, I'm not totally sure.
To clarify, I used the Displacement Correction Mod with 3.2. I could not find an effect, if any. What it did was updated all of the .sim values to match the displacements listed for the ships. The best I can determine by the conversations, is this actually interfered with IABL's intent. He would tweak the hidden values to make the ships do what he wanted, but they wouldn't necessarily reflect real life and/or what the player saw.

Best I can explain it: if the ship needed to perform like it had a tonnage of 50ktons, but in real life was only 8ktons, then he would alter the hidden data. Then the ship would perform like a 50kton ship, but when you sank it you would get credit for 8kton. The correction mod would now edit the ship to be 8kton and it would perform like an 8kton ship, which IABL may not have been trying to do. Thus it would alter the mod to act in a different way than IABL intended. Therefore I elected not to use it and I wouldn't recommend it.
rudewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote