View Single Post
Old 10-14-17, 02:36 AM   #167
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoun View Post
Quick question on installation please. (I can load and run a fresh unmodded SH3 just fine. but WAC freezes about 95% thru loading a mission/campaign. I'm keeping it simple till I get it going, just the main WAC and a campaign file)

Question is ... is this supplemental required ? I'm thinking that may be my problem ? Ran the basic HSIE Patch.bat just fine ...

2) Preparing the Supplement-Mod
Note: The Supplement-Mod is essential, not optional !!!
a. Extract the Supplement to V16 Mod archive
b. Put the patched sh3.exe into that mod (into the same folder where the 4 DLLs are located).

Thank you kindly for any insight ...
Hey kcoun,

just for you I decided to test WAC5.0 a little earlier than I had originally intended, am I a nice person now or what?

Inside the folder called "V16B1-Patch-Kit" of the WAC5.0 mod package you should see a file called "HsieOptionsSelector.exe". After you made use of H.Sie's "Patch_SH3.bat", you wanna double click "HsieOptionsSelector.exe"

and click OK (bottom left hand side, picture below):

Now you wanna put your pimped up sh3.exe either back in your game folder or the "WAC5.0 H.sie Supplement to V16B1_Atlantic_Baltic_Campaign" folder, doesn't really matter I think..

Next step is to fire up JSGME.exe and activate:
  • WarAceCampaign 5.0
  • WAC5.0 Campaign_Atlantic_Baltic
  • WAC5.0 H.sie Supplement to V16B1_Atlantic_Baltic_Campaign

You can also use SH3 Commander 3.2 if you like.. I tested the just illustrated mod list with and without SH3 Commander 3.2 (WAC_5.0_CommanderMod is mandatory when you wanna play with SH3 CMD!).

I use an i7 6700k CPU and a GTX 760 graphics card. It takes me about 5 mins to load the campaign start in Aug, 1939.

If you wanna use Nvidia's 'Control Panel' to adjust graphics settings, this config seems to work:

Keep in mind that there's a slight chance that H.Sie's stuff CAN cause crashes. Han Solo stated that he did not test every single option of the "HsieOptionsSelector.exe" file (here).

If you wanna play the WAC5.0 Campaign_Mediterranean campaign WiTH H.Sie's stuff, you will have to create your own supplement mod! You can download the instruction manual here (it isn't all that difficult really):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0srv3...adme_V16B1.pdf

So yea, I tested a regular campaign (1939), cruising through Wilhelmshaven's harbor for about 20 mins.

Personally, I really really LOVE the big depth gauges! What really drove me furious, on the other hand, was the fact that right mouse on conning tower immediately drops you down, inside the tower..

Man, that took some serious getting used to, lol

P.S.

I couldn't help but noticed that you're from Cleveland, so please forgive me, but this video always comes to my mind when I hear of it, lol
https://vimeo.com/9802367

Last edited by ValoWay; 10-14-17 at 03:00 AM.
ValoWay is offline   Reply With Quote