View Single Post
Old 08-08-17, 05:34 PM   #496
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

@ Kendras
I have tested your patch. Good job!

In the next few days I will try to review all your changes and see if there's anything that can be improved.

My first remarks/suggestions below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
LLH_LaPlate folder :
- LLH_LaPlate.dat : modified values of specular strenght for textures (in order that metal looks more bright)
As far as I can see, you have basically decreased concrete material's specular strength. The resulting effect is coherent with what one would expect for such a material, but the low value also causes specular reflections from texture's alpha channel to be hardly noticeable. Couldn't we reset concrete's attribute to the value I had set in v12, and correspondingly increase metal's specular strength instead, thus simulating the specularity/glossiness of wet surfaces?

Quote:
Library folder :

- Lighthouse_FX.dat : modified the light halo (smaller, and shorter light signals, same frequency 10 seconds)
The halo is finally of the right size. The quicker flashing light, makes it harder to count flashes for each period, but that's okay.
I had to restore the 3D model previously linked to the light effect though, in order to make it to light up surrounding objects (most notably lantern's glass). Was there a special reason for you to remove it?

Quote:
Roster folder :

- added the German folder
What's the use of having La Plate in the German roster, since we have already added it to the French roster?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote