Old 04-28-12, 10:56 AM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ht-57 View Post
Hey sky,
Thanks for the almost "correct" info .....saw that thread @ the SB site and thought it was close enuff, I recall buying in 06, I then upgraded in 07 to 2.46. I skipped 2.53 in 011. I then upgraded to 2.6.. So there were Three since 06, had I purchased all three I would have spent $175.
But really what are we talking $25 clams one way or the other??
@ the end of the day The beast rocks, Dollar for Dollar you can't beat it!
Don't want to be picky, but in 2007 they still did not charge for the packs, also not in 2008 . Not sure on 2009 anymore, my memory fails me. Also please note that there were many releases: updates including patches and new stuff, hotfixes or patches for those updates, and upgrades that recently became payware. I am certain of the last one in winter 2011 and the year before in 2010, these two costed money. I think before that everything was free. Also note that the history list of releases on their homepage, at the bottom, no longer is complete. They have deleted several minor files that would qualify as hotfixes and patches. All in all I think there were around 8-10 released version modification by now, if counting everything.

It'S a bit difficult to keep track of all the updates they had. I had it all listed in the resource thread once, but deleted it when it became obsolete due to later updates coming as complete new installations. The patching sequence with several files was no longer needed then.

BTW, you are aware that the latest payware upgrade from December last year (2.640) meanwhile has gotten a free patch to 2.654? Just bug-squashing, and free.

"Tank them good - hit them from behind. "