View Single Post
Old 07-16-08, 01:51 PM   #8
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFolle
which ones do not work with OM? because i'd like to use 2 or 3.
i prefer to play the stock version and thats what i use for modding so i dont have any test results with the big mods. all my mods are supposed to be jsgme ready so when installing it will tell you if there are any conflicts.

most of my mods should not conflict with anything but if they do let me know and i can help you make them work. often files have changes that dont really interfere with each other but rather they are both changing the same file in different areas. so when this happens you just apply the changes manually or create a new file that contains the changes made by both mods.

in other words if one mods sub sim file might do something to the rudder and another mod uses the same sim file to do something to the conning tower. when that happens you take one sim file and add the changes from the other sim file to get the results of both mods with no conflicts.

combining and merging mods together is very easy in most cases but i would recommend changing the small mod when you have a large mod conflicting with a smaller one. also if any large mod maker wants to blend in something i did or help in merging them together thats fine with me, we are all family here.