View Single Post
Old 11-24-12, 10:44 PM   #3
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
I still need to get around to buying that. Every time I see pics in the screenshot thread I tell myself how cool it seems and plan to go get it, but never do.
That's how I felt about donating. Back when the alpha was free, and you could donate anything you wanted(starting at $1) to secure yourself a copy. I eventually bought it around .14 but at this point I had to pay $18.

My advice is to buy it while it's still $18, it may shoot up to $30.

Posted in the Screenshot Section, but figure I'll post it here too:

Juno MK II proves to be an excellent launch vehicle. I get my lander in a circular orbit, wait for Mun to come over the horizon and fire my thrusters for an intercept. When the Mun grabs me and pulls me into it's gravity well, I realize I'm on a collision course with its surface. My initial instinct is to fire retrograde to try and slow down so that I could land on the surface, but I realize I'm probably going too fast for this to happen. My only course of action? Burn Prograde towards the moon. You might be thinking, that's insanity! But burning prograde in my orbit and speeding up raised my Periapsis around the moon(my Apoapsis is -900KM xD) to 20KM off its surface. I get to my periapsis and try to fire retrograde to slow down. The only problem is that I run out of fuel... I'm also traveling fast enough that my RCS isn't capable of slowing me down. I probably should've aimed for 10KM, but given the moon has no atmosphere, there is no telling if it would've worked. Anyways, so I run out of fuel and zoom past the moon. I'm brought back into Kerbin's orbit. After a couple orbits around Kerbin, Mun grabs me again and slingshots me.... I'm now stuck in an orbit around Kerbol.

It takes me 80 days to orbit the sun. The orbit comes within 30KM of Kerbin and 100KM of Eve. However, due to the varying speeds, I'd have to wait forever for us to align just right. After waiting two years, I write the capsule off. Jeb hits the self destruct button and ends their flight.

Last edited by Spike88; 11-24-12 at 10:57 PM.
Spike88 is offline   Reply With Quote