View Single Post
Old 03-22-14, 06:13 AM   #39
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
i just don't want to give about 40-50 euros (isn't it their price when they firstly come out?) for 'experiments' on new games that is almost 95% the possibilities not to like them.

you see my point?
Yes, I know that point - but it is rare behavior.

But:

- When you watch a movie in cinema you pay something like $10,- for 90-120 minutes without knowing if you like it. No one starts crying "oh I want to test it first and will buy the DVD if it was good"

- A book costs $5-$100 - do you read it before buying it?

- When you eat in a Restaurant you might pay something like $10-$20, you don't know before if you like it.

- When you buy a new kind of Mars bar you pay $1 but you don't know if you like it. Most mobile Apps are $1,- and the piracy rate is 95%

- When mobile Apps are more "expensive" than $1,- people say it's rip-off, but they have no problem to pay $3.50 for each beer when going out (which is rip-off compared to the price in the supermarket)

But the main point is that the deal is to buy it for the price they want or just don't buy it. If they want you to be able to test it then they will release a demo. If the deal does not include to test it before then that's the deal.
Why do some people think they have some special rights to alter that deal?

The developers do it for a living, the customers buy for fun only.

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forumfacebook
v-i-c- is offline   Reply With Quote