View Single Post
Old 04-15-11, 10:48 AM   #5
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
I think besides recon, the fast light tanks would be typically used for flanking the enemy. The heavier units pin down the enemy from the front while the light tanks flank the enemy and attack them from the side where they might have a chance to achieve some penetration.
that brings up a good question, Which gun do you use?

Now, I assume in the sims, light tanks stay way from heavier tanks. They just make contact, report, and retreat. Obviously no suicide runs through the lines just to get contact credit.

But it's different in WoT.

So what gun do you use?

A heavier, slower firing gun, like a 37mm or 45mm, or a smaller, high rate of fire cannon, like 20mm auto cannon?

I wish they would let you see what map/tanks your up against, then choose your weapon.

If I'm a low tier tank, I like the auto cannon, as I can zip through the enemy lines, staying agile and picking multiple targets and tagging as many targets ass possible. The cannon works almost like a shotgun, spraying rounds everywhere, increasing my chances of a hit. Not increasing damage, but just a hit. And the longer I can stay alive, the more targets arty can hit and I get assist credit for that.

If I see that I'm one of the upper tanks, and it's mainly light tanks, I prefer a bigger gun. that way I can play the role of medium, and anchor the lines. I can deal more damage with each hit, then scoot back behind cover, while the rest of my team annoys the heck out of them.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote