View Single Post
Old 01-28-17, 09:10 AM   #151
Skipbo
Sailor man

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Has it been THAT long?!

I haven't been here for a long time, but my old friend Lane Goodman (post 59) sent me a note to tell me about your 20th anniversary - congratulations! Neal has provided a great website and a huge amount of valuable information to the simulation world.

I was 48 years old and still working as an engineering manager for the US Navy in 1997, primarily on the TRIDENT Fleet Ballistic Missile System, have since retired. Not sure when I first found SUBSIM, but checked some old emails and Excel spreadsheets and was using SH1 on Windows 95 and working with Jim Atkins (who had an earlier SH website) on several accuracy improvement spreadsheets - torpedo spread settings, etc. IIRC, Jim pointed me to SUBSIM. Found some emails I ttraded with Jim dated February 1997 in which I reported that I'd just met Lane. Used a lot of SH4 information/mods from SUBSIM in later years, but wasn't an active contributor - thanks to those who were and are!

Thanks for all of the hard work establishing and maintaining SUBSIM and thanks for the memories I dredged up in order to make this post.

...................Jim Wolford, Indiana, USA