idf
Watch

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger
I seem to be getting an unusually large number of Night Flying Jap aircraft. This patrol is going to North of Luzon from Freemantle. The planes have been spotted after nightfall from around 1900 to after 0200. Then they start coming at me well before dawn starting at around 0400. I didn't think the Japs flew much at night. Makes surface night ops a little creepy, not to mention recharging my batteries.

Never had this problem before - the Japs would usually never be seen from an hour after sunset to an hour after sunrise. Even then, I would usually have to be within 100 nm of some base or other.

Also, these night flyers are not random - they are vectored right at me!

What year ?

What version ?
Same here. Running TMaru 1.7.6 and RSRDC 221. I guess the issue was introduced by TMaru 1.7.6, since I don't remember this happening with 1.7.5 and RSRDC 221. I took a look into TMaru 1.7.6 airstrike.cfg and put Night Modifier=0.0 in, but to no avail. Reverted Default Air Strike Probability back to the stock value of 10 from the value 20 in Tmaru 1.7.6 - I still get aircraft vectored straight at me in the middle of the night quite often (in '42), yet the frequency is more bearable. Since TMaru is not supported anymore by Ducimus (my eternal gratitude to you, if somehow you're gonna read this), I guess this is as good a thread as any to post about this, especially since the issue came up.