View Single Post
Old 09-03-15, 06:43 PM   #324
Tshark
Sailor man

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0

Doing a little bit of cheating here in that contacts are updated on the chart. As soon as I raise a periscope or am on the surface the visual contacts appear on my chart and I can zoom down to ship outline and watch the movement. I confirmed I was using yards. How do I know I am in error by 2 knots? Well, I replayed the "Midway" quick mission about 10 to 15 times. Each time the Kongo BB plotted out to 16kts. The first half dozen attempts had my fish passing ahead of the ship (if they didn't prematurely explode). I dialed the speed down to 14kts and my torpedo tracks are looking good. I then went out on my first career patrol and got to track a lone merchant. The merchant plotted out to 6kts. Away go the fish and again they passed ahead of target. Lucky for me the merchant was as new to this as I am and continued on course oblivious. I set up another attack and this time dialed the speed down to 4kts. BOOM plus three dud torpedoes! As it stands now I just subtract 2kts from the three minute calculation and it seems to work. Just wondering what I am doing that is throwing the calc off?
Tshark is offline   Reply With Quote