View Single Post
Old 05-18-18, 12:00 PM   #3606
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proph3t View Post
... Well then i'm still confused because I've sunk about 300,000 tonnage , earned many medals for myself and my crew and i always complete the patrols i'm assigned ... At the moment with my standard IX ...
OK, did some digging - look in the Submarine folder for the specific subs, opening the (SubName).upcge file (your choice of which) in a text editor like Notepad (Windows) or Notepad++, you will see a line like "UpgradeClass=1", usually around Line 18 in the file, or the 5th or 6th actual text line. All of the TypeIX boats are set to a value of "1" (one), therefore, you will NOT "upgrade" from a 9 to a B to a B4 to a C to a D, etc... That's just the way the mod is set-up. We'll be doing some experimenting in the Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate mod over the next few weeks, and testing to see how high we can go with that particular number. The highest "working" number we've seen thus far is "3" (three). Check-in over there every once in a while, and see if mention is made of it there - that's the top of Page 397, btw, and we might be a few more pages along just shortly...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote