Old 03-12-07, 11:35 AM   #12
raduz
Engineer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keelbuster
OMG YES. I've always wanted to do this!

Quick question: in the rpm chart it says that rpm values are _almost_ always rounded down, with the exception of high values like 27.9 -> 28. I don't really know what it's referring to, but I wonder: why not round fairly on all numbers? Was this done to better fit the data you collected?
Each turn count has always been measured for 60 seconds. Often, the number of revs per minute did not represent the whole number: there was a certain amount of complete revs + part of the last one.

Example: I was measuring the turn count for one minute. Let's say at 00:58, the RPM was 27, that means 27 complete revolutions. Two seconds before one minute has passed, 28th rev started. At 01:00 this 28th rev was still not complete. It was completed at 01:02. Now how was I supposed to record this situation? I had to round the RPM either down, either up, because it was something between 27 and 28. (this is just an example, the numbers are imagined).

If there was 27.5 revs in 60 seconds, I recorded 27. The only case when I rounded up was when it was like 27.9, that means ALMOST 28 complete revs. I hope you understand what I mean
raduz is offline   Reply With Quote