View Single Post
Old 06-01-17, 11:13 AM   #7
Wildcat
Engineer

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0

After writing the above post I had an epiphany. Something very simple to do, but I had given up on it due to a database error or perhaps a mistake I made in the past. I didn't think that method could be used, but it can. A simple database edit with some additional files created using the correct prefix enables completely customizable sounds.

Look forward to new sounds for every kind of unit available in the game in the future. Every single unit in the game has a customizable sound option. As long as the correct files are in the correct place with the correct name, it works. I've created dozens of new (invisible for now) biologic objects that can be placed in missions. They produce BB sounds. Aircraft sounds have been fixed. Heavy jets sound like heavy jets, each helicopter and aircraft sounds like its real life version now, no more generic sounds.

I had previously thought this was a hardcoded limitation. It's not. Major breakthrough for me today on this one. If the DB hadn't crashed on me years ago, this would have been completed in 2007 or 2008.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote