View Single Post
Old 11-06-18, 05:44 PM   #17
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
I did not understand anything of the above.
You are not alone. Sometimes i read here also posts that i cant understand.

But hopefully i can enlighten it a bit. As an first example i use this line:

"CDAAPlatform.cfg;E:\SilentHunterIII\data\Roster\S outhAfrica\Land\CDAAPlatform.cfg;==Entry not found== AppearanceDate DisappearanceDate DisplayName"

This is one line taken out the result from my Tool above, used from my old SH3-DVD-install. Vanilla without any Mods installed. I can not say, if the same will be found on youre Reworked-Rus Mod.

Look in Roster\SouthAfrica\Land Drawer there is CDAAPlatform.cfg located. Look into this file. Maybe you will see that there is no AppearanceDate no DisappearanceDate and no DisplayName.

On my Install it looks so:
8<------

[UnitClass]
ClassName=CDAAPlatform
UnitType=404
FirstAppearanceDate=19380101

[Unit 1]
Name=CDAAPlatform
DOC=19380101
DOD=19480101
8<------

This is not really a big problem to this specific file, since (to my knowledge) this CDAAPlatform (AA Defense) from SouthAfrica ist not used anywhere in the original SH3-Campaign files. But there may be other files that may be anyhow related to the Campaign. So the Tool tries to check all files.
You will see whats wrong with this file, if you open the Missioneditor ME and try to import this AA Defense (from SouthAfrica) into the Campaign_LND.mis. First you may notice the "UnitName" and the "Unit new name" looks ugly. On my sytem it is "8÷ ". (3 digits in hex 38 F7 18) This cant be right. The reason is no DisplayName entry in the file. The ME seems to use some uninitialised Memory to display the Name.
Next try to change the Date in FirstAppearanceDate to something different. Maybe change only the Year from 19380101 to 19390101. You may then reload ME. You may see that there is no difference in the "Entry Date" entry. ME seems to use something default only. The reason is the FirstAppearanceDate has to be in fact to work propperly AppearanceDate.
So my Tool says "==Entry not found== AppearanceDate..." and the other entries which are not there.

As a second example i use this line:

"DDSomers.cfg;E:\SilentHunterIII\data\Roster\Ameri can\Sea\DDSomers.cfg;==Line:59 "[Unit 11]" Sequential Order=="

Go to Roster\American\Sea\DDSomers.cfg Line 59. There you may find a second entry of "[Unit 10]". The Units are not sequential ordered. My Tool says "==Line:59 "[Unit 11]" Sequential Order==".
The effect for the game may be probably only a waste of space, but i do not know for shure what other effect this will have.

"==not (or Err) in AirLndOrdSeaSub (or Roster)=="
can be mean two things. Either this Entry is not in AirLndOrdSeaSub (or Roster) or there is an Quirk in the AirLndOrdSeaSub (or Roster) files found.

The first one (==not in...) can be risky when these also used in the Campaigne.

Hope this helps.
Greetings.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote