View Single Post
Old 10-27-13, 07:09 PM   #12
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

The main things I have trouble with in this single mission is not that it has a bug( to me a big is a program abnormality dealing with hardware and software talking to each other and that communication being algorithmically incorrect) but the issue is with the states of the vessels themselves.

The two American Cruisers act is if nothing is really all that important. One goes about slowly moving along and the other doesn't even start her engines. While both take a pounding and survived simply sitting there doesn't seem logical.

The poor carrier was no match for all those destroyers and the Japanese cruiser and was quickly sunk. The cruiser managed to get within 2000 yards of the American Cruiser sitting off the coast before being fired upon. I noticed the cruisers did not utilize there larger guns and instead opted for small caliber gun fire against the Japanese cruiser. It was only after the cruiser got within 2000 yards of the American that the American used the larger guns.

Some of the Japanese ships also tended to hold back in speed getting to the fight. I managed to get one hit on the Japanese Cruiser and sink one destroyer. Many of the destroyers opted to chase me rather than join the fight against the American surface feet so I used this to my advantage and dove to 320 feet all ahead flank and head for the closet American Cruiser to allow her to open up on the chasing destroyers. They lost five ships this way.

I would love to see those planes in the air and the Japanese Carrier off the cost to the northwest lent no assistance with aircraft.

Edit:
Now I see it was the BB West Virginia that did not move not a cruiser.

I do enjoy missions such as these ... thank you for your effort in making this and sharing this with us.

Last edited by merc4ulfate; 10-31-13 at 10:58 AM.
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote