View Single Post
Old 01-04-15, 06:59 PM   #33
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Ah, the joys of trying to configure things the way you want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublynx View Post
Do consider the effort of installing this compass by Leitender. It's the next step up from Hitman's excellent compass.
I installed it, and it's beautiful! The inner ring even turns once every ten degrees, just like it's supposed to.

But...

Quote:
It does demand menu work, but it is worth the trouble and more.
Boy, you ain't just whistlin' Dixie! I was busy admiring it, then looked around. The little grey box with the Time functions in it were gone again. So were the other dials! I looked at the menu.ini and discovered the new mod had overwritten the entire thing! I tried and tried to fix it, and when I loaded up the game I ended up with about 100 "Menu item not found" messages!

Nobody's fault, but I realize I'm going to have to set the original Menu.ini, my own (so far) and the one from Leitender's Compass side by side and compare them all, then make my own and fiddle with it until it works. When I have a working game I'll then create my own Dials and Menu folders with their own so the next time I have to start from scratch I'll have that section already set up the way I want it. I've already done that with the Commands.cfg file more than once.

I'd forgotten how much fun this is.