View Single Post
Old 08-14-17, 11:51 AM   #2430
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadgar View Post
I am moving tiles around in the 20mm_C38_Twin.gr2 file. I am rearranging the tiles of the front fork, so it looks kinda like the shield on the 20mm_C38_Twin_Shield.gr2 model.

Any suggestions on how to move all four vertices of one tile, along any axis, all at the same time would be much appreciated. I can already move the tiles where I want them, but it takes forever doing it one point at a time.
Moving whole meshes vertex by vertex is not the way to go.

The easiest way to change their position within the model they belong to, is displacing the x, y, z coordinates of the bone that they are linked to. Another valid approach, would be exporting them as an obj model, moving them around in a 3D editor, and then re-importing them.

You should be aware that U-boat guns have transform data though, and messing with them could lead to any sort of bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadgar View Post
Why you may ask? Well, I noticed that, using Wamphyris Plane Mod- 1.01, one gun (no shield) aims better than the other gun (with shield), but the shield makes it look cooler... So, why not have the best of both!
Before you go through the difficult process of changing the unshielded 20mm FlaK into looking like the shielded one, I suggest you to try this little mod:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dwz5t5..._version%29.7z

It is based on the same concept as Wamphyri's Plane Mod but with further fine-tuned settings, and it should do all the U-boat guns equally lethal when manned by a skilled crew
gap is offline   Reply With Quote