Old 12-25-13, 07:09 AM   #156
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
Me likey. Once configured.

In the 458 at Vallelunga I knocked 22 seconds off my 360-pad time after only 6 or 7 laps. Even before I'd configured and could only get to about 90 mph in 3rd or 4th on the long straights I'd beaten my previous record (slow and steady wins the race?).

In the Fomula car I wasn't so great, but it was definitely more fun. Xbow on drift was a nightmare full stop. Need moar practice.

@Sky, I think the wheel is the same, looks the same and has all the same buttons.
Almost. The two buttons that on mine were on the left and right side of the wheels axis connecting it to the box, seem to have moved to the round's upper left and right corner, where you reach them with the thumbs. If the inner life is the same, beside this minor detail it looks to be same, yes.

Remember my problem with not getting the P4/5 to turn. Experiment with settings for filter and speed gain at 0.1, and for the P4/5 reducue it to 0.05. Steering rotation angle is always the maximum the hardware allows, so 240-250° in case of the F430. You do not need to adjust it to match different steerings in different cars - let the sim handle such things. That is the advice Kunos gives, too, if the steering in a car is limited in angles, the sim should limit effect of higher angle rotations by the hardware all by itself. If the car has a 300° steering, and your hardware for example 900°, the sim makes sure that after 150° rotation off centre by hardware wheel the maximum steering ingame already has been reached. I must object Lionclaw there, sorry. But he drives much faster than me, so maybe he does it for other reasons (manually reducing steering angle for some cars, I mean).

Make sure to have a small neutral zone at the wheel's centre.

For pedals the same: reduce the brake especially, so that the first centimeter of pedal movement has no effect at all. Allows much more sensitive braking. Try a setting of brake gamma 2.4 - 2.8. Its a matter of taste and personal driving style of course, but the default settings definitely were too sensitive for me, with both wheels.