Old 09-23-10, 02:11 PM   #185
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi h.sie, hi Rubini,

interesting findings about the keel, Rubini. But are you sure about 'Critic Flotation=0.9999999'? IIRC, Critic Flotation gives the percentage a zone contributes to the buoyancy of the sub, i.e., a high value means that the sub is dragged down a lot if the zone is flooded. Therefore, I would expect that a small value for 'Critic Flotation' is better for avoiding the problems you describe (at least in the anti-humming bird mod 'Critic Flotation' controls how fast the sub sinks. Higher values mean faster sinking).

Cheers, LGN1
Hi LGN1,

I'm not absolutelly sure about what I will say but, my first impression when i tried to solve the problem was exactly the absence of that parameter (critic flotation) that was the culprit. I mean, if absent the game will use some standard value for it (what i don't know exactly which is), but must be some low one.

When i fine tunning by old LRT mod for my taste i noticed that "critic flotation" value is a percent from hit points which if overpassed then that compartment start to flood. So, if i use a very high HP with an almost 100% (0.999999) hit points damage necessary to start the flooding (critic flotation parameter) probably this compartment will never more start to flood.

And it is exactly what happened and solve the problem: now that virtual compartment (uboat_keel) don't flood anymore.

But I always can be wrong...what you think?