HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Tomb
Why the heck are we still flying Il-2? lol...
Actually, I've been flying tons more BoBII than IL2 lately. Starting to be prettty bored with the latter one.

"mine, mine, mine"-attitude of Oleg.
its not a Mine Mine Mine attitude,
if you happen to know, Oleg forbidded Modding to keep ''Online'' Competition a Fair Game, I've red this somewhere some time ago.

if it would be allowed this would mean people ''could'' fly a J8A going 700KM/H with 4xMK108 cannons and make the aircraft be in a Godmode and invincible.
nice if there is no Admin around spoiling your game.
yeah, its a bit overeacting but its possible.

another nice fact:

BOB2 : 2005 (3 yrs old)
IL2 : 2001 (7 years old)

sure they could have changed some stuff in patches, but I dont know much about AI coding...but I think you'll have to modify the engine for it and start from scratch. the AI code is about 7 yrs old..dont know what was possible back then but heck I dont care, it may be annoying sometimes to see Olegs AI beeing ''perfectly'' trimmed and ''perfect'' engine managemant...but I can live with that as I know the core of the game is the same when I started to play the game in 2001 and I was overjoyed of the new Flightsim. back then there was no other game that could beat IL2.

another fact: IL2 has not really been for Single player purpose, it was made for Multiplayer, especially players versus players Competition, if you have IL2 Bonus disc you will see tons of photos from Lan-competitions
and thats IL2's strongest point.

BoBII, Campaign no doubt...that's where it wins hands down
even IL2's DCG doesnt even get close from what BOBII contains in its campaign

@Steel tomb: why we fly IL2?

because BoBII doesnt even have Multiplayer...(yet?)

HunterICX