Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 03-14-18, 03:37 PM   #5812
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Ok, thanks to you guys who "play" the game much more than I (Believe me modding doesn't have anything to do with "playing" the game!), I've found what's wrong with the Deck Gun Upgrades not correctly showing when you purchase something in-base. Just to recap, the issue had to do with a bow deck gun being purchased, yet only a stern deck gun was provided.

With Ultimate, I had already made the Upgrade System actually work as intended. You get choices as to what to purchase, it displays your choices as selected on the Weapons ans Sensors screen as expected. It takes your Renown as payment, for everything from purchasing a 50 cal Machine Gun, to the 40mm Twin; from an early war SJ Radar set to the ST Night Scope Radar .....the only problem was you didn't get the Deck Gun that you asked for!?!

So, I figured out what went wrong, and now things will be better. What you're going to see in-base is the Crew Management screen is not going to show a Deck Gun at all:

By mouse clicking the center "Tab" at the top of the screen, and going to the "Weapons and Sensors" page you'll notice the Deck Gun box is "Empty":

Depending on the time period, the left hand "Weapons" list will display the available equipment, and its Renown purchase price. I've chosen to spend 200 Renown for a Bow 3 inch .25cal Deck Gun. You just click and drag the choice over to the "Empty" slot and your done. A description of the piece of equipment will be shown on the "In Base" Text Box, if you've purchased the equipment it will also list it within the "On Boat" Box.

Let's say you decide you want the 4 inch .50cal Stern DG instead, you just drag it over to replace the 3 inch. The only trouble is you''ll spend another 400 Renown to do it a second time! So, make your decisions carefully.

I was testing things with different subs, different guns, different time periods and while using the Billfish, I chose a 5 inch .25cal Bow Deck Gun. When you go to the Crew Management screen you'll notice the "Bow Deck Gun" is listed for you to supply the crew to man it:

And unlike before, the next release of Fotrs Ultimate will give you the correct Deck Gun, in the chosen position of your choice:

Sorry for not catching this earlier, but this is exactly why we're still calling the mod a "Beta". We're constantly working on improvements/changes that are ground breaking for player enjoyment. You guys bring up things you notice about the game, we try to fix 'em.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 03-14-18 at 03:47 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote