View Single Post
Old 05-30-18, 04:19 PM   #4
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, I've got a table of figures somewhere here commander, but I'll have to look for it. I do believe I got it from aanker - during the SH1 days, maybe... - In the meantime, besides being a "throttle" position, if memory serves and hasn't completely abandoned ship on me, it signified how many engines were online, and therefore would vary somewhat, dependent upon the boat. ie: a HORs boat might have Ahead Standard as 3 knots, but only because 2 of the 4 engines were broken...

Edit: Failure... I still haven't found the info, Commander...
Speed was about the same as SHCE speeds. 'Bud' CO Skate also briefly mentions speed both surfaced and submerged in two of his videos - the *.SMK Bud video files sometimes called Smacker files can be viewed outside SH1 by any player that supports that format.

The graphic displaying speed is buried in my files too, I have it but where is it type thing. It also doesn't help that Hondo took Valor At Sea down a year or two ago - he may have had it.

Ducimus got speed right in later more recent TMO versions with his throttle settings based on patrol reports and a lost page with info on Kickinbak - another fine site gone.

Hope this helps old friends.
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote