View Single Post
Old 08-29-08, 02:55 PM   #758
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

Moin,

Не каждый может, что ты умеешь. Никто не понимает ничто о том, кроме тебя и нескольких других. Обращай внимание на твои слова!

Donīt forget, this is a high level conversation. Only a few understand what you and Skwas are talking about.
As for the flags, I remember them from my early SHIII modding days. Someone called them responsible for alpha channel behaviour, so did I. In the beginning I used them to make a material transparent. But an aplha was desperately needed to achieve transparency. Then Avart told about the byte trailing the materialīs ID, thank you. It works with SHIV too, BUT as soon as omnidirectional lights are introduced to a scene, the material and the corresponding object disappear. Besides changing these values seems to have a tremendous impact on the frame rate, at least on my system.

Have you ever noticed, that the glasses in any sub have specular highlights / reflections only? But you canīt see them. Whenever they crush, the animation is triggered and played, but the broken glass textures donīt show up after the event.

Note to Skwas, the MipMapBias is a floating point value.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote