View Single Post
Old 02-10-16, 02:00 PM   #4
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

New underwater FX holding depth

Edit: I also drew a 4x8 subUV bubble grid for cavitation fx but its really cheesy looking like it belongs on a mobile game so I'll probably make a fresnel lens/refractive sphere and spawn that as a particle based on accelleration and such (anyone know of any research on cavitation?). Its cheesy but it adds that little bit more for now. In the meantime ill either spawn it from each blade at random times or spawn it from behind the sub and scale the bubbles way up and spawn it at random rates using a secondary spawning object that trails the boat.

-Added underwaterFX
-Surface = 'R' Hold Depth = 'F' Dive = 'V' emerg surf/dive to come
-Engine telegraph up/down changed to ins/del

Unfortuantly the diving controls override the manual tank venting/flooding and visa-versa so I'll have to come up with a better system I'll probably make the dive/hold depth/surface controls set the amount of water/air since thats how its done in real life. She doesnt come down/up perfectly straight which I could tweak but I think could be nice to have to manually tweak the trim every once in a while. Thoughts? Any input is going to have effect on the game.

Last edited by nsomnia; 02-10-16 at 04:18 PM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote