View Single Post
Old 09-08-12, 02:58 PM   #18
chopsuey
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Crash Dive

I think without a doubt the movie "Crash Dive" with Michael Dudikoff was the absolute worst submarine movie ever cut and pasted together. I say cut and pasted because, I could identify at least 4 other submarine movies that they took footage from and edited it together to make this submersible turd. If the cinematography was not bad enough the plot of the movie was more than enough to make one gouge their eyes out. First, a former Navy Seal (Dudikoff) in his off time, single-handedly designs an attack submarine that apparently can also launch ballistic missiles. While on sea trials, of course fully armed with nuclear weapons, the submarine at depth receives a distress call from a life raft on the surface, and following the "law of the sea" the submarine surfaces in roiling seas to rescue the people on the life raft. Of course these "survivors" are actually a handful of terrorist who quickly overtake the entire crew and turn the submarine against the US. Dudikoff, who for some reason, was not present on the submarine during it's sea trials, hops on the next available submarine and quickly locate and sneak up on this "modern marvel" that he has designed. To recapture the sub, Dudikoff exits the trailing submarine and SWIMS at depth to his creation and from the outside, opens the airlock and enters the captured submarine. At this point you would think his navy seal training would take over and the sub would be back in his control in short order, but apparently Dudikoff was the bottom of his "BUD/S" class and after getting his butt kicked by several of the terrorist, he has to enlist the help of the crew to assist him in re-taking the submarine.
chopsuey is offline   Reply With Quote