View Single Post
Old 01-17-18, 08:13 AM   #9582
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko91 View Post
Dude not everyone need/want that degree of realism. It's a matter of time. I have a maximum of 4 hours a week for playing SH V. If I'd use real navigation, I'd make almost 0 progress. With real nav I need about 2 hours from finding a enemy ship with sonar until beeing in firing range. That means that I could only sink 2 ships (if not convoys) a week! No thank you. No time for this.
To speed things up when you play, go and take a look at my new GUIDE here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236272

Once in the bunker you can set your Gameplay Options, you can switch off Manual targetting, and disable most realistic options. There is no need to consider TWoS as a hyper realistic thing. Even without realism TWoS plays much better than the stock game.

But just know that if you put everything to 100 or 90+ (I would at least keep the outside camera on, also for checking my deck gun which doesn't always reposition well), then be aware that TWoS is close to perfect realism. You can set it like that, but fortunately you don't have to.

Also to speed things up (that's what you want, right?) , make use of the various *Automation* scripts in the game, e.g. when leaving harbours so you don't have to plot the courses, for some defensive manoeuvres that will be done automatically etc. Take a look at it.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 01-17-18 at 08:31 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote