View Single Post
Old 01-24-08, 06:32 PM   #3026
ghost raider
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Uninstalling GWX and reinstalling SH3 problem

I have been playing SH3 version 1.4b with SH3 Commander and various mods for a year or so and it has all worked well. Last week I installed GWX 2.0 into SH3, adding the GWX SH3 Commander changes and the suggested mods with JSGME.
I have an 2.50 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor, 2048 MB Memory,NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT graphics card.
Initially I was very impressed with GWX (especially the music and the harbour traffic) but when I realised that there were no engine sounds as the submarine moved, I looked to the Subsim forum for an answer.
Someone with a similar problem had mentioned uninstalling and reinstalling everything. I decided to do the same but then I battled to get the game to uninstall. Eventually (after three frustrating hours) I managed to remove SH3 entirely. I reinstalled SH3 from my DVD and the game worked well. I then tried to add the patch but now it will not load and keeps stopping because it cannot verify the version of certain files: (SilentHunterIII\data\Menu\Data\de_hlp.txt, en_hlp.txt). I downloaded a fresh patch but had the same result.
Can anyone offer some advice please?

Last edited by ReallyDedPoet; 01-24-08 at 06:49 PM.
ghost raider is offline   Reply With Quote