View Single Post
Old 01-07-07, 04:27 PM   #64
Rick Martin
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default New WW2 tanksim

[quote=rrohde]** Crosspostd at SimHQ.com, but I figure, that this sim in-progress needs as much attention as it can get **

Hello everyone! Glad to see that there's tanksim forum here now, as Neals site has a huge following, and exposure to this new sim is important to the devs and producer. That's why I am posting this here, too:

It's my great pleasure to show you the first, authentic 3D Model shots of a new, not yet announced WW2 Tank Sim due out in Late 2006.
We all have been waiting for THAT ONE hard-core WW2 Tank Sim since "Panzer Elite", and this one is going to be "it".

I am in contact with the main-guy of the development team and would be happy to forward your thoughts, wishes and ideas to him.

Here are the first 3D-Model-Shots of that sim; please don't judge the textures, as they're a just placeholder...

And please don't forget that this is still a "work in progress".

Legal Notice: These images are posted with the permission of the developer and can be freely distributed!

Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G with L48 gun, 1944, Eastern Front

See more of it here:
http://halfevil.de/ww2scalemodeler/g...im/2005-11-09/

The Developers are asking for constructive criticism as well as feedback from the community!

So let's hear it![/quote

WOW, looks great so far. Was hoping for US stuff like Shermans, Pershings, tank destroyers and dare I say it M3 Lees and Stuarts? Yeah, I like US stuff. After all we did win (didn't we?) Anyway the shots you posted look fantastic. The option to add a little "grafitti" to the tank hulls would be nice. The Russian armor was noted for its propaganda/patriotic slogans (my favorite--"onward to Berlin, lair of the Fascist Beasts") Rick Martin