View Single Post
Old 04-21-11, 10:46 AM   #31
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Sorry, was some days off the forums. (No, the reality is that I need 6 days for an apropriate reply )
Actually I was hoping to blackmail you to send me a case of your finest breweries, as being drunk helps to understand other drunks - but there's also the scene in the bar - impossible to understand withour french champagne....
A German in Germany is publicly asking for beer from the US? I think there's a potential blackmail situation here, but the victim will not be me.

Quote:
Apart from the song: what voiceovers did you mean? The text at the beginning is not dubbed in my version, neither in german, nor english, nor mexican...
Voiceover = Narration

On my DVDs at the beginning when they're driving down the coast road toward the nightclub, there is a voiceover by Werner's character. The English subtitles are something like, "The last night on land... [can't remember these bits]... the aces, there aren't many of them left... Schepke, Kretschmer, lost to the British [or something like that]... and Endrass, with a nervous breakdown [WHICH MAKES ME VERY ANGRY, THEY SHOULD HAVE USED A MADE UP NAME BECAUSE ENDRASS DID *NOT* HAVE A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN HE WENT OUT FIGHTING!]..."

I think there is more of Werner narrating in voiceover later on in the movie, for sure there is in the Uncut version but I think in the DC as well.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote