View Single Post
Old 07-11-11, 09:36 AM   #21
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0

A-10 is much, much easier to fly 'out the box' than BS, but taking off and landing safely are one thing, getting to your objective, laying down the right weapon at the right time on the right spot are infinately more challenging with more switchology than your standard cockpit fare - and ideally all to be studied and learnt verbatim as not much chance to flick through page upon page of instructions/guides/tips with so much AA coming your way. Reading first will definately help.

FSX, and FS9 before it (and 02, and 98 before that!), immediately appealed to my aviation side, but then they are a very sterile environment and so my interest waned. The built-in multiplayer side always struggled, and the default geography was never, ever, good enough - sure there were a few key places where it was really good, but the rest was crap. And I really begrudge buying a game for £30, and then the same again on a quarter of my country (UK - not even a massive country!), and again, and again.

And A-10 has some 60,000+ square miles to play in (I've just done a rough measurement with Google Maps!), the land is well textured and geographically well represented. For now only the Georgia map is available but I believe the Nevada map is supposed to be DLC for those who didn't get the beta! I would happily pay for DCS's mapping!