View Single Post
Old 11-09-22, 11:44 AM   #1
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2
Default So, it'll run but...

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been playing SHIII in some time. I wasn't necessarily planning on playing it anytime soon, but my laptop died.

I basically xferred my SHIII install, which is a heavily modded GWX version.

I can get into the specs for my new laptop if you want, but basically it is an MSI that is "screamin'."

The game will load, and I can get into the mission. However, it is now really unstable. It is weird, because if I start a mission on August 1, 1939, when there isn't a lot of ships in port, etc., it will work just fine.

However, if I load up in say St. Nazaire in October of 1940, it will load into the mission most of the time. However, sometimes if I move around inside the boat it will CTD. If I try to go up top, it will CTD. Tried it in different ports at different times of the war.

In addition, it won't load certain things, e.g. I have the 3k sub indicator for my sub, but when I load, it isn't there.

Wondering if anyone has any general suggestions about how to overcome this, I mean...other than dropping my mod soup and going to some kind of new install + mods? If I have to do that it may just not be worth it any more...

Let me know what you think.
rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote