Old 03-26-18, 07:46 AM   #5
Sandman_28054
Captain

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haraldsson View Post
Hi guys,

I have a question about radio contact reports from BDU. I've been playing with the latest version of TWOS. When BDU sends me a radio contact report, it does not appear in the Ship's Journal, the message box, nor the Radio Messages box. They only appear in the Captain's Log, and as such, it makes it very difficult to notice them in a timely manner when they do appear. I feel like I have exhausted all of the in-game configurable options searching for a way to change this with no success. I've read the TWOS FAQ/tips PDF in the mod file as well. Is there something I missed, or do I need to delve into the game files and change something? Thanks all,

Chris.
That is quite "normal".

Technically, if you click on those "contact reports" individually, they are mostly task forces, with a occasional convoy.

In the upper right corner, bottom line, there is the option to increase or decrease the distance in which "contact reports" will show up in the Radio message box. I usually keep mine set at 400 kilometers.

I've even talked to some who set it a 700 just to keep informed of convoy movements in the Atlantic.

Any contact, any convoy, any task force within that area around my boat will trigger a report in the radio message box.

And really, it does no good to have a "contact report" outside that distance as by the time you plot an intercept course, they typically zig-zag making intercept difficult.

Good luck and good hunting!
Travelly's Harbor and Canal Pilot
Uboat_Snorkel_1_1_0 By The DarkWraith
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1.4 By TheBeast
Sandman_28054 is offline   Reply With Quote