View Single Post
Old 10-06-10, 01:23 AM   #277
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Currently I found out that the routine which calculates CO2 production is executed only every 10 minutes, e.g. at 12:00, 12:10, 12:20 and so on!! You can see this at high Time Compression when you look at the CO2 gauge. It moves step-wise every 10 minutes. This means, the current method of CO2 calculation (in V15C) is inaccurate because the state of the Silent-Running flag is also evaluated only every 10 minutes. The whole timespan inbetween these points of time does not influence CO2 production. So the CO2 calculation could be cheated easily by setting Silent-Running = ON only at 12:00, 12:10, 12:20 for some seconds and OFF for all the other time.

For a more accurate CO2 calculation, one needs to consider the whole time span inbetween these 10 minutes points. This is equal to averaging over the time. This can easily be done by tweaking the routines which are responsible for repairs and flooding-recovery, because these are executed every second. The more repairs are done - the more guys are working, the more a certain special variable is accumulated. Easy to program. This variable can then be evaluated (and resetted) every 10 minutes by the CO2 routine so that you have an accurate measurement of the work that has been done in the last 10 minutes.

So many ideas arise, but trying to keep things easy and manageable, I ask myself if it makes sense to additionally consider things like Torpedo reloading work, psychological stress when hunting or being hunted and so on, since these things are (halfway) correlated to repairs. When crew does repairs, there is/was of course psychological stress, and the UBoat was of course hunted and surely Torpedoes have been reloaded, too. This assumption is not always true, but accurate enough in my opinion.

But if I don't consider these other effects (directly), I think it's a good idea to consider them indirectly by giving for repairs a bigger CO2 penalty than only a factor of 1.5.

Phew,
h.sie

Last edited by h.sie; 10-06-10 at 10:18 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote