View Single Post
Old 11-11-17, 07:02 PM   #5457
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
My intention is to go over all ship units within Ultimate to specifically look at ship behavior.......acceleration, ship stability during high wind speeds, Hydrophone opperations.

Yes, Hydrophone operations! I've found the main reason why the player Hydrophone doesn't "hear" a target ship (although the players Sonar/Hydrophone crewman does) is due to the very parameters that effect ship acceleration and engine power. When previous attempts of adjusting these parameters have tried to address a ships "jackrabbit" acceleration, they have done so with the effect of eliminating the ships capability to be heard by the player using the hydrophone. Not a good trade at all!! I hope to find an acceptable solution for both issues.

I should point out, I'm very nearly done with adding AI ships firing torpedoes at enemy targets (including the players sub). I've been sucessful in having the soon-to-be-added Japanese AI Subs (9 in all), plus an American Fleetboat, and German U-Boat firing torpedoes, at about a 50% hit rate! I've started to look at adding this capability to an Hatsuharu Destroyer (since we were looking at it a few pages back), and have seen good results. This should give us the opportunity to add another weapon to the AI ship arsenal, which can be added wherever we choose.
Can i get a transfer to the medical core capn ?

Just been using PP's new campaign files... Getting out of pearl in one piece is bad enough!!!